Sunday, February 25, 2007

Not a happy Chinese New Year for me

A week before we broke up for Chinese New Year holiday, I started sniffing and lo and behold I got a cold. I hadn't had a full on guns ablaze cold for a while - I even took 2 days off sick leave.Now that is unheardd of! I went back in for the last day of school to sort stuff out and kids were nice - asking me how I was. One student asked where I'd been and another student and I managed to get them thinking I'd been to Hawaii. This prompted the question,"How did you get on the plane if you have a cold?" VERY funny!

Well, I spent the hols making a butt shaped dent on my sofa watching many DVDs including desperate housewives, prison break and CSI:NY. Dawnie, Anna and Michelle were great keeping me company in the living room while I coughed and blew my nose. I've managed to get through at least 4 toilet rolls. NASTY! I went to the docs and got my meds - including antibiotics for bronchitis and I reckon I have sinusitis too...hence all the snot....gross!

People prayed for me too which is cool. I was service managing and Alex and Richard Roscoe prayed for me - a nice reminder of being in the family of God...very encouraging.

Psalm 41 v 3
The Lord nurses them when they are sick and eases their pain and discomfort.

Oh...and if you're wondering - no I haven't been to my relatives and therfore have not picked up red packets! However, my mum and dad have phoned me most days this week - better than a gazillion red packets!

1 comment:

dav said...

karen :D thanks for the tag. i'm in china - guess i won't be seein' ya till october. hope everything's good with you and that the cold's all better. take care :) God bless!