Monday, July 09, 2007

Holiday: Perth Week 2

As I'm sitting here at the airport again, I thought I'd better finish blogging about Perth. Well, not that I started as Ann wrote my last blog - bless.

Perth was cool...a little bit too cool as I managed to get a head cold....but the touristing had to continue. I met up with Maree Herath and her two little kids - Dan and Sean. We went over to Rottnest Island by ferry ( unfortunately I had to inspect the ferry toilet three times) and it was again a sunny day. We managed to spot a peacock and two quokkas - one of which allowed us to walk over to it and pet it...very cute.

Sean and a Quokka - cute!













Ann, me and snow crab before the devouring began!


I went over to Fremantle twice - once to go to Fremantle Prison for a tour - which was very cool - and I think my tour guide was from Devonshire.

Ann, some of her friends and I went to the Mercy Ball - a fundraiser for mercy ministries that helps girls who have some sort of background of abuse or self-harm. It was very grand - amazing centrepieces at the tables, James Morrison - excellent trumpet player, Paul Morrison released his CD there - proceeds go to MM, dancing and good food!

I went to Swan Valley with Ann and Corinna on Ann's day off and we ate at a winery, ate gelato and sweeties and visited the Margaret River chocolate factory - where I bought pressies to take home to UK.

On my last day, I went shopping for UGG boots (or U-G-G s as Ann's mum calls them!) and we went over to Tania's place before going to watch Ocean's 13.

All in all, I had a merry time in Perth - catching up with friends, getting to know Ann's friends, shopping and seeing the sights! A nice Aussie adventure!

No comments: