Friday, August 10, 2007

Holiday: Chester

I've just come back from Chester and am now having to deal with jetlag. I spent the last four weeks in Chester with my mum and dad. It was a very lazy time and I was away from the internet which was good. I managed to catch up with some good friends, Paul and Sue who moved to Wrexham, Mary and Juliet who are schoolfriends, the Thompsons next door and the Fitzpatricks around the corner.

My mum, dad and I had a few days out when my mum was off work - Manchester, Liverpool, the RHS flower show at Tatton Park and a day trip to Ellesmere and Wollerton Old Hall.


Flowery dragon at Tatton Park


Pyramid of gladioli in the marquee.


Peaceful Ellesmere


Geese on parade!


Wollerton Old Hall


Bumble Bee - make sure you don't kill them - they are a protected species!


There were different coloured gardens - here's the purple garden


A very pretty little rose!

I also helped out at Northgate Church during celebration week of Chesterfest (churches in Chester working together on projects to serve the community). I mainly helped to prepare breakfast and snacks for the kids holiday club and helped out with small groups on funsheets. It was really cool to get involved and meet some more people in the church.

No comments: