Sunday, May 21, 2006

31

Okay...so I'm 31 now...all those younger than me...you can be quiet now.

Well, I got to feel special at school - three of my students (Rach, Brooke and Tash) posted photoshopped pictures of me around school wishing me a happy birthday. They also baked a cake and got the hockey girls including Deayton to come and celebrate with me at break - nice.

Tanja Kerbs - she's a champ- organised a whole spread of goodies to make ice-cream sundaes at 9:30am in the morning. The grade 8 teachers were singing me happy birthday and I couldn't take my eyes off the colourful spread - m&ms, fresh fruit, canned fruit, nots, shredded coconut, ice cream, hundred and thousands, choc curls, MAGIC SHELL, maple syrup, brownies...it was crazy......get the teachers on a sugar high or what?? I laughed when Maureen from grade 7 said that you could smell the sweet stuff as soon as you walked into the room...but she was absolutely right.

My poor students had a Science test on my birthday....but now I have to mark it...D'oh!!!

3 comments:

Corey said...

Well, I will soon be "32". I've actually been to Hong Kong twice...well, if you count the airport ;) I like your weather there. Is it always cloudy and rainy? Kind of like Seattle.

Gavin White said...

Happy Birthday Karen - and welcome to blogpsot! - Look forward to hearing more from you soon! - Every Blessing from Sunny Manchester!!

Gavin White said...

I mean blogspot!!!