Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mutant Powers

Saw X-men 3 on Thursday night. I was excited about it as soon as I got the e-mail asking if I was interested to go. So, my random question to my students on Thursday was 'What would your mutant ability be?' Most went for flying and teleporting, there were a few mind readers and one x-ray vision (but not all the time - I recommended eyewear like Cyclops'). However, the best was definitely Jack from my homeroom. He said that he would want Storm's powers. Now a 14 year old boy wanting Storm's (who is a woman) powers, seemed interesting. So I asked him why - and he had a good reason. He said,'So that I could control the weather and make tornados and storms. Then I could make a typhoon come and we could have a day off school.' Brilliant logic.

I had my hair cut and dyed red today. Wonder how many people will ask me if I want to be like Dark Phoenix/jean Grey. Truth of the matter is, I normally get my hair done like this but it takes hours - actually today it took 5 hours. So, as I usually play hockey on Saturdays I get my hair cut about twice a year! Anyway, I'd want to be Lady Deathstrike (the alive version!).

No comments: