Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Holiday :Madrid

This has been really annoying. I've tried twice to create a new post and attach photos, only for Safari to shut down. Yes, I also insist that I don't add any other blogs until I've posted something about Madrid.

I went to Madrid in the summer for about 4 days with my mum, dad and aunty. Communicating with the taxi driver was quite funny as I'd forgotten any Spanish that I had learnt over 10 years ago, and I don't think my mum's 'Learn Spanish in a week' CDs quite did the trick! Well, we managed to keep fed and watered in the heat. Thankfully our hotel was in the centre of the city, so we just walked everywhere and it was easy to return and have a kip in teh afternoon.

The very glamorous post office with loads of counters inside for a multitude of purposes.


















The cathedral


















The royal palace



No comments: