Thursday, August 31, 2006

Identity dream

I had a dream recently. To be honest most of my dreams fall into two main categories: absolutely mundane (like peeling carrots while my friends chat with me in the kitchen) or totally freaky (like being in a stadium and running away from people who think I've committed a heinous crime) . This one however I thought was quite poignant.

I can't really remember how it started off, but there seemed to be a reunion of some sort as I saw some ex-students gathered together. Later on I went out of the building and I was in charge of a market stall in quite a nice quadrangle. Displayed for all to see were miscellaneous objects on a trestle table. I was stood at one corner on one side and on the same side I could see my wallet at the other corner. People came to browse at the objects on the table. I started to become quite concerned whenever a person would be standing by the table blocking my view of the wallet. After a short period of time, I looked again and the wallet was gone. I started searching and asking people if they knew where my wallet was or if they had seen who had taken it, to no avail. I went back to the table and started thinking to myself. I thought," I know that my ID card is in my little red wallet that I have in my hand." I realized that the objects of any value were right there in my hand whereas the other wallet really had nothing of value (like old receipts and namecards) in it and I really wouldn't miss what it contained.

I talked about this with my friend, Nancy as she had had an interesting dream too. Well, we reckoned that maybe I should think and pray about my identity in Christ and realize that all that other stuff I really am not going to miss.

1 comment:

Mrs. Ma said...

Ha! Ms. Chan! I didn't even know you had a blog......!!!!! Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was here and HI!!!!!