Tuesday, October 17, 2006

China - here we come!

It's Tuesday and I just got back from hockey training - one of the only ones I'll be able to make as I normally have either Ministry leaders PLUS or Flight852 leaders meeting on Tuesdays. It was good to have a run around, and get some skills. Unfortunately I won't be able to put them to practice this coming Saturday as I have a Flight leaders retreat. Well, at least I played last Saturday which ended in a 3-3 draw against Val D. Hopefully, my team will have enough players and win against Val E.

Following the retreat I will be heading off to Moganshan, China on Monday on an 8am flight....ugh! I think I have a love-hate relationship with these trips with the kids. I haven't had to do most of the organising, but the chasing up of the little things is still a hassle, plus getting myself ready! I know that once I get there I'll enjoy it. I have a great group of kids to go with- really fun, nice and well-mannered and we're going with an excellent organisation. plus I've been to Hangzhou before, so it is still a little familiar. I'll still have to rely on teh kids for translation as I am limited by my phrases of "How are you?", "Thank you!", "No good!", "I love you!" and "Jesus loves you!". However, these could be enough for the most simple evangelism EVER!

No comments: