Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ideas for teaching

Ugh...I have just finished marking 100 sets of focus questions. This has a high boredom factor attached to it and I'm sure this is bad for my eyes. I have told some students before that I love being in the class with them - getting them to learn stuff, and although I know it is important, marking is one of the worst chores I have to do as a teacher...so laborious, time consuming and essential. I still have about 94 element boxes to mark and will be giving an end of unit test soon. I can't wait until they have that machine like the one from the Matrix, shove it in the back of students heads to probe and measure how much they have learnt and then it's done. Seriously, there must be someone in a hidden lab somewhere working on it.

While they're at it, they can make me some new eyes and an automatic internal caffeine release system.

No comments: