Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nausea

I've felt kind of nauseous today. I haven't been sleeping well this week - often waking in the middle of the night and having to eat chocolate before I get back to sleep. Last night before I went to bed I discovered I didn't know where my passport or Hui Heung Jing were. Then I woke at 2:30am thinking - it should be by my big backpack. Therefore I had to get up - and lo and behold- there it was. At least my mind was at rest about where it was.

I've started packing - but feel kind of unsettled as I also know I need to go away this weekend. I think the fact that I've been marking kids work all day hasn't helped. Plus the fact that I just finished marking one big assignment to then have 100 lab reports and 100 end of unit tests to mark, and knowing I won't be able to do much at the weekend is disturbing. I know - it's not urgent and we shall all carry on living - I guess I just know that it won't be nice to come back to the marking pile when I get back from China. I guess that's partly why I went down to Happy Valley - to watch the U16 team play - to support the girls I know from KCC and Rachel and Jen from school. I could escape and prevent myself from marking work at home and not just sit in front of the telly.

Matthew 6v27
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not.

Matthew 6 v 32-34
Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.

No comments: